The ACR1252U (ACR1252U-M1) is an NFC Forum–certified PC-linked reader, developed based on 13.56Mhz contactless technology. It is equipped with a SAM (Secure Access Module) Slot, which can be used for encryption and mutual authentication, providing high-level security in contactless transactions. Post-deployment firmware upgrade is also supported, eliminating the need for additional hardware modification.
ACR1252U is capable of the three modes of NFC, namely: card reader/writer, card emulation and peer-to-peer communication. It supports ISO 14443 Type A and B cards, MIFARE®, FeliCa, and ISO 18092–compliant NFC tags. It also supports other NFC devices with an access speed of up to 424 Kbps and proximity operating distance of up to 50mm (depending on tag type used).
Compliant with both CCID and PC/SC, this plug-and-play USB NFC device allows interoperability with different devices and applications. It is thus ideal for unconventional marketing and advertising applications like smart posters.
- Read/write speed up to 424 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless tag access, with card reading distance of up to 50 mm (depending on tag type)
- Supports ISO 14443 Type A and B, Mifare, FeliCa, and all 4 types of NFC (ISO/IEC 18092) tags
- Supports MIFARE 7-byte UID, MIFARE Plus and MIFARE DESfire
- Supports all 3 modes of NFC: reader, card emulation and peer-to-peer modes
- Built-in anti-collision feature (at least 1 card is detected when multiple cards are presented)
- One ISO 7816–compliant SAM slot (Class A)
- User-controllable bi-color LED
- Compatible with Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.